Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nana Moon Baby

When she was a baby
She was drawn to the
Moon showing at quarter
Size and yellow in the
Dark sky high above her.
She would point
Her baby index up
And yell "Nana Moon!"

And I would praise her
For her sheer joy
And connectivity to the sky.
My lovely baby girl.

This baby grew up
Became her own girl
And pushed me away
Like yesterday's old
Banana peel brown, rotting
Stinky and no longer
Useful to her at all.
I could not understand.

Because It was I who praised her
For her sheer joy
And connectivity to the sky.
My lovely baby girl.

My arms held her high!
My mouth said, "Yes! Nana Moon!"
Her experience her joy was mine!
I thought I was giving her
That magnificent moon!
Was she not grateful?
Did she not credit me
For sharing life's treasure?

Now, I sit and rock her
In the rocking chair of my heart.
I press my lips upon
Her curly red hair
and let her rest her
Warm face on my breast.
Lest she feel cold or
Sadness all alone, I am
Always here, waiting, always rocking ...

No comments: