You were a cute little Betty Boop
And loyal to your children, all of them
Regardless of their worth, and,
Regardless of their loyalty to you.
I always felt that you and I were
Alike as mothers, in one way,
We loved our children always
No matter what - no changing our minds
Even when we cried over what they did
Even though we cried when they no longer
Loved us - their own mothers.
You were so kind to me, so sweet and kind.
I felt as if you were the best mother-in-law
Ever a daughter-in-law could have.
And you were.
Would I have caught on sooner to your plight!
We thought that your second son was watching
And honoring you and we were so wrong.
By the time I realized your danger, it was too late.
Sorry is not enough, I know this now.
Would have, could have, wanted to's
Are not enough to make things right in any
Small way. So I keep on trying, seeking some
Justice for Anita, telling anyone who listens,
About you, dear cute little Betty Boop.
No comments:
Post a Comment