He annoyed me with his jokes
I avoided him and his ways
And, then one day I listened
To what he actually had to say.
He was, much to my amazement,
A sweet fellow who loved his mother,
Loved his wife, loved his brothers.
He was not quick to anger
But very quick to laugh
To eat, to talk, to share,
He got me through some sad
Moments of despair when his mother
My cute, little mother-in-law, died
And I was guilt-ridden for not
Having saved her from abuse
By her caregivers.
Then it was a matter of saving
Him and my husband from
Those same evildoers,
One of whom abused them
When they were little boys.
He showed how sweet and
Peaceable he was, Billy did.
He forgave so easily, after he was used
So badly, so often, still he forgave,
Now he is gone, too soon
Since he was younger than I
Afterall, though much sicker.
He leaves behind a wife who
Will suffer losing him.
He leaves behind a brother
A sister-in-law and a stepsister
All three evil, all three hurt him
Each in a different way. Then,
As if they had a right, they
Ejected him from the family,
Which cut him like a knife wound.
Today he stopped bleeding
And lay asleep in peace
No longer suffering, just asleep.
He leaves my husband, his brother,
And he leaves me, his newly
Adopted sister behind as well.
We will always remember Billy
A sweet fellow with a good heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment